Are you finding Dropbox not a convenient place to showcase, sell or share your photos? Then you can switch to SmugMug, a great site for photo-sharing. Uploading photos from Dropbox to Smugmug can be done simply with the help of the following steps.
Transfer Photos from Dropbox to SmugMug
- First of all, log in to your SmugMug account.
- Go to the 'Uploader' and click on the 'Dropbox' icon.
- A window will prompt to sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Wait till a new window appears as 'Connection to Dropbox Successful'.
- Now, select the photos from Dropbox that you want to upload to SmugMug.
- Once you have selected everything, click the 'Upload' button.
- If you wish to select all the photos from a folder, then click the first image, hold on the 'Shift' key, and then select the last image.
- Instantly, your photos from Dropbox will be uploaded to SmugMug.
- Once you see an 'Upload Complete' window, close it and browse through your newly uploaded photos.
If you are using a custom domain like www.example.com instead of example.smugmug.com, then you can not actually upload your Dropbox photos to your SmugMug account directly. In that case, the best way to upload your Dropbox photos to your SmugMug account is as follows:
- Download photos from your Dropbox cloud service to your computer and save them in a folder.
- Login to your SmugMug account and then click on the upload button that you see at top of your SmugMug homepage.
- Select the gallery where you want to upload Dropbox photos. Or create a new one if you haven't yet created any.
- You'll now see a box where you can simply drag & drop photos from the folder, SmugMug will then automatically publish them in the gallery.
- Or, another way to upload photos to SmugMug is clicking the 'Browse' button. It opens a new window from where you can browse and pick individual photos that you want to upload.