SmugMug is an amazing site for uploading and sharing your photos. Furthermore, you can download those photos and digitally deliver the entire gallery to your clients, friends or family. There are two ways to download an entire SmugMug gallery i.e the 'Visitor downloads' and the 'Owner only downloads'. Both these options allow you or your visitors to save all your original, high-resolution photos and videos for backup or digital delivery.
This option is for your friends, family or clients. They can download an entire gallery. This is a great way to digitally share and deliver lots of photos and videos from an event. To allow visitor downloads, do the following:
- Go to the gallery which you want to make downloadable.
- Click 'Customize', go to 'Gallery Settings', and then select the 'Photo Protection' tab.
- Turn the 'Download Button' option 'On' to enable visitor downloads of your original images.
- You can also choose to password-protect your visitor downloads, just to add one more authentication level.
- Turn the 'Require Download Password' option 'On' to create a password your visitors will need to enter before they can download your original photos.
- Only people with the password would be allowed to download your SmugMug gallery.
- Enabling visitor downloads for a gallery will add a 'Download All' button to that gallery. Your visitors simply need to click that button and follow the on-screen prompts to verify their email address so SmugMug can deliver the photos to them digitally in .zip files.
- If you prefer to deliver your download link personally to friends, family, or clients, you can do that any time through your Organizer.
- Click 'Organize' and go to 'Organize Site'.
- Select the gallery you'd like to download. Click the download button, and then pick 'Download Gallery'.
- You will shortly receive an email from SmugMug with the .zip link when it's ready. The link is good for two weeks, so retrieve it or forward it to anyone you wish.